God Is Here: Finding God in the Pain of a Broken World
When we suffer is God here? Does He help? He is closer and more caring than you could ever imagine! God is here—with you, wherever you are, whatever you’re going through. He’s with you, and His presence brings peace, comfort, and joy.
It’s official! My book GOD is HERE: Finding God in the Pain of a Broken World is on Amazon! Click the image below to grab your copy now!
Some of What GOD is HERE is About
- Why do we experience suffering?
- Does God send sickness, natural disasters, and war to teach us?
- Can we trust God after tragedy occurs?
- Is there more to life than what we see?
- Are we influenced by spiritual forces?
- Can we interact with God?
- How does God care for us?
- Does God have a good plan for our lives?
- Can we make a difference in this world?
- And so much more…
Free GOD is HERE Audiobook!
I’m in the process of recording the audiobook and have a link inside the book for people to get it free. I want this book to be accessible to whoever wants to read it. You can sign up to get the audiobook as soon as it is completed here: Sign up now and I’ll email you a link to the GOD is HERE audiobook as soon as it is finished!
While praying about the title and thematic elements of the book, I decided to go with this idea of a maze (All the mazes inside and on the cover of the book actually work! The way through on the cover starts down by my name and weaves around to the center area where the title is. Want to try and solve it? ????).
When designing the book I wanted to show the light emanating from where God is, depict the idea that many people have that He is hard to find, and the feeling which suffering often brings—that God isn’t present to help and maybe He is sending the evil causing us pain. One of the main points of the book cuts through this lie from the enemy, proclaiming the truth that God is always with us and He is good!
He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, ‘For we also are His children.’
—Acts 17:26-28 NASB
From the GOD is HERE Back Cover
Our world can be cruel—we experience a mixture of health and sickness, hope and fear, peace and discord, wealth and poverty, love and hate. In the aftermath of tragedy, people ask, “If God is good and cares for me, why does He allow suffering? Where is justice for evil? Where is healing for my loved ones? When I’m hurting, where is God?“
In GOD is HERE, John W. Nichols shares how he hated God because of His apparent absence. But when John was at the peak of his anger, God spoke to him in an undeniable way. The author weaves in the story of God revealing His love with a Biblical explanation of the trials we face, while inviting us to break down any walls we’ve put between us and Jesus, so we can return to Him the love He first showed us.
Thank You and I Need Some Help
I’ve had so many friends and family give me amens, words of encouragement, input on the cover, and reading the advance copy of my book. I am so blown away by all of the support I’ve received!
Could you continue that support by doing these three things? They’re quick and easy, but will make a big difference!
- So many are struggling and wondering about God’s goodness. Maybe there is someone you think would be encouraged by this book. Prayerfully consider emailing them a link to this post. They can get the book for free for two days only.
- After getting the book, would you write an honest review on Amazon and/or GoodReads? That really helps people see, “This guy (John W. Nichols) must be okay and maybe I should try him out!” I even have a gift for some reviewers—check it out here.
- Lastly, if you would share this post on the social media platforms you use, as well as liking and commenting on them, all three of these things will help the post (and my book) get in front of more people, and hopefully change someone’s life!
Thank you so much, and God bless you! Wherever you are… whatever you’re going through… God is here—with you.
GOD is HERE Sample
IMAGINE A PERFECT WORLD. Where the evils of crime, hate, and envy are inconceivable—in fact, completely alien. There’s no pain, sickness, disease, or disability. No stinging bugs, venomous, or bloodthirsty animals. There aren’t even earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis, or tornadoes.
In this imagined utopia, motives are genuine. No one has thoughts they can’t tell others. We have no misunderstandings and don’t need to pretend. Our best foot is always forward because both our feet are perfect. There’s constant pleasure. People smile and laugh, freely and unashamedly. Joy overflows each person’s heart. Everyone is known and loved. Peace covers the land…
… Whether we recognize it or not, this is what each of our hearts cries for. Why don’t we have it?
What We’ve Had As Long As We Can Remember
When we look at the real world, we see a blurred image of the perfect, tainted with all the opposite characteristics. In the best of times, imperfection lingers and calamity waits at the door. In the darkest times, we cling to the hope that disaster can only last so long.
Even attempting to lead a life of joy and selflessness is draining. Each heart instinctively knows our many anxieties are an injustice. But despite every effort, we suffer.
Faithful friends are rare. Community threatens to shun. We long to be known and accepted, even as we put up walls. Our goodness, we fear, is surely nullified by the hate, impatience, lust, and envy hidden within.
We have impure motives, dirty politics, depression, illness, betrayal, starvation, deformity, natural disasters, perversion, rage, chaos, war, and death—among many other problems. These are the atrocities our hearts cannot understand, the horrors every person desperately wants to escape but has no idea how…
… In this book, I’ll share the story of God breaking down my wrong ideas and how He helped me see another perspective. I’ll talk about the darkness in us and the world, as well as the Light, and how you can know God’s goodness despite the struggles you’re facing. My hope is you’ll walk away with a peace that defies understanding.
You’ve had different experiences than mine, but I believe you’re not reading this by accident; and God wants to help you in a similar way as He has me. He wants you to know: He’s always been with you, desperately wanting to help, and never holding back His love…
- Get your copy of the book and sign up for the audiobook!
- Prayerfully consider emailing some friends, colleagues, and family a link to this post.
- Please write an honest review on Amazon and/or GoodReads. Don’t forget about this gift for some reviewers—check it out here.
- Please share, like, and comment on the social media links to this post (I share it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google Plus.)
God bless you richly!